[plug] SysRescue CD

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Sat Oct 8 15:48:40 WST 2005

Hi all

I am NON-TECH and NON-GEEK!!  (Did I shout that loud enough??)

I've just downloaded and burnt the latest SysRescue CD (v2.15).  To
check the integrity of it, I rebooted my machine to boot from it.  I
found that it locked (for at least 15 mins, coz I went out and got
something to eat) while searching for "eth16i...".  To be sure to be
sure, I pressed the button and tried again with the previous release
(v2.14) and to my great chagrin, the same thing happened with that.

To add to the immediate problem of, "What's this all about then?", is
the fact that it never used to happen, as I've used the v2.14 disk to
extricate myself from difficult places before.

Further complicating this is the fact that Google throws up a whole lot
of technical stuff wrt eth16i about which I know absolutely nothing.  I
gather that eth16i is a driver for some series of ethernet cards, but
why would it start looking for it now?

Any clues as to what might be happening here, and how it might be fixed
would be greatly welcomed.

Tia
Kev
Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!