[plug] DFI Motherboards - Sound

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 14:31:46 WST 2005

As some of you might already know, I had a motherboard die on my last
week [1] which caused me to hurriedly buy another board cause I had to
use the computer for some studio work off site all of last week. So I
know have 2 motherboards, nether the one I want.

I am looking at getting a DFI board. It needs to have native nForce4
chipset, socket 939. And support a dual core AMD64.

A Major feature it needs is multiple hardware mixers (audio). The
board I used to have had 4, and I'm not stuck with only 1 and that
hurts!
For those that don't understand what I am talking about, hardware
mixing basically means it is like I have 4 sound cards, all playing
through the same line out jack. So I can have 4 instances of
alsaplayer, or xmms.... Or have alsaplayer, jack, xmms, and playsound,
all running at the same time, and all the audio gets mixed together,
but on the hardware side, not software. (A software mixer gives you
basically infinite mixers)
This means I don't want to be running arts, esd, jackd or any other
software mixing software. I like hardware mixers, and have grown used
to them. So I'm hoping someone on the list has a DFI board that fits
my requirements, and can tell me how many hardware mixers it has!

Also, I might as well put it in the same post. If you are looking at
getting a socket 939 board. I will have 2 boards for sale. An 'A8V
Delux' AGP, Via Chipset. And a WinFast NF4UK8AA PCI-E. If your
interested. Contact me

Thanks

Tim

[1] It is getting replaced under warranty