[plug] GNOME and LCD screens

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Oct 13 09:22:29 WST 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 billk at iinet.net.au wrote:

> What does xdpyinfo say? - sounds like you are running in low res viewport.
>
> Billk

name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The XFree86 Project, Inc
vendor release number:    40300001
XFree86 version: 4.3.0.1
maximum request size:  4194300 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7
supported pixmap formats:
     depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
     depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
     depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
     depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
     depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
     depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
     depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  window 0x1600d82, revert to Parent
number of extensions:    29
     BIG-REQUESTS
     DOUBLE-BUFFER
     DPMS
     Extended-Visual-Information
     FontCache
     GLX
     LBX
     MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
     MIT-SHM
     MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
     RANDR
     RECORD
     RENDER
     SECURITY
     SGI-GLX
     SHAPE
     SYNC
     TOG-CUP
     X-Resource
     XC-APPGROUP
     XC-MISC
     XFree86-Bigfont
     XFree86-DGA
     XFree86-Misc
     XFree86-VidModeExtension
     XInputExtension
     XKEYBOARD
     XTEST
     XVideo
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
   dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (342x271 millimeters)
   resolution:    95x96 dots per inch
   depths (7):    24, 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 32
   root window id:    0x40
   depth of root window:    24 planes
   number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
   default colormap:    0x20
   default number of colormap cells:    256
   preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 16777215
   largest cursor:    1280x1024
   current input event mask:    0xfa2033
     KeyPressMask             KeyReleaseMask           EnterWindowMask
     LeaveWindowMask          ButtonMotionMask         StructureNotifyMask
     SubstructureNotifyMask   SubstructureRedirectMask FocusChangeMask
     PropertyChangeMask       ColormapChangeMask
   number of visuals:    8
   default visual id:  0x23
   visual:
     visual id:    0x23
     class:    TrueColor
     depth:    24 planes
     available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
     red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
   visual:
     visual id:    0x24
     class:    TrueColor
     depth:    24 planes
     available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
     red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
   visual:
     visual id:    0x25
     class:    TrueColor
     depth:    24 planes
     available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
     red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
   visual:
     visual id:    0x26
     class:    TrueColor
     depth:    24 planes
     available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
     red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
   visual:
     visual id:    0x27
     class:    DirectColor
     depth:    24 planes
     available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
     red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
   visual:
     visual id:    0x28
     class:    DirectColor
     depth:    24 planes
     available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
     red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
   visual:
     visual id:    0x29
     class:    DirectColor
     depth:    24 planes
     available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
     red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
   visual:
     visual id:    0x2a
     class:    DirectColor
     depth:    24 planes
     available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
     red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits

--
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia