[plug] DFI Motherboards - Sound

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Oct 13 19:27:52 WST 2005

On 13 Oct 2005 at 10:46, W.Kenworthy wrote:

> and another one who missed it - sob
>
> For those whose education obviously has huge holes in it - "red" motors
> are the old holden engines that ranged from 149 cu in up to 202 cu in
with
> the 186 generally considered the "best".  The name came from the dull
iron
> oxide red colour paint used on most of them.

Actually the 186 X2 with twin carbies, 23/60 cam and headers was the best
of the red motors - you could bore them out to 196 cubic inches, fit high
kicker pistons and with four on the floor - they were an absolute delight
to drive - I had the above motor dropped into a 1964 EH Premier sedan -
standing quarter mile in 13.6 seconds at the original/old Ravenswood
track - that was few years ago mind you.

Oh the sweet memories - and the sweet smell of methanol makes me wanna go
back to the good old days.

Regards Arie