[plug] Re: Securing Redhat 9.0

luca at trifelli.id.au luca at trifelli.id.au
Fri Oct 14 17:09:55 WST 2005

I agree.

I think Fedora Core 4 is stable enough, well updated and easy to maintain, which makes it a possible choice (may be better then
RH9).

Linux can be penetrated (for sure less then other OS).

If you are worried about possible intrusions, you might want to use some Intrusion Detection Softwares (eg.: www.snort.org) in
congiunction with your firewall, which logs any possible attack and will give you also a sort of evidence....
I also suggest to use ACID (Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases) in congiunction with snort, it will give you some useful
features such as: Query-builder and search interface, Packet viewer (decoder), Alert Management, Chart and statistics
generation, etc...