[plug] Mandriva Mandrake which release

Mark Saxon marks at omninet.net.au
Sun Oct 16 11:49:19 WST 2005

I am still plodding along with Mandrake 10 and was planning to step up
to the latest Mandriva release  2006?

There seem to be quite a few release versions still on offer from
various vendors
Mandrake 10.1 and 10.2, Mandriva 2005 LE and CE,   Mandriva 2006  and
2006 CE.

Even official and community are listed as separate on the easyurpmi site.

I checked out the repository status with easy urpmi it returns a
confusing mix
of path choices for Mandriva 2006 which includes repositories for a mix
of Mandrake 10.2 , Mandriva 2005 LE and so on.

Its looking pretty confusing.
Since I am not in the city  I have to buy CD.
and  I don't want to get the wrong one.

Which release version should I be installing for an up to date
but stable plf and contrib updatable system ?

Mark