[plug] Mandriva Mandrake which release

garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Sun Oct 16 13:51:53 WST 2005

Now 2006 is out you can choose it on the easy urpmi site. [ http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ ]

If you get a file missing or dependency problem go back and choose another download source.

Using Leon's instructions I updated from 2005LE to 2006 with no drama.

"
Point 2k5's URPMI at a Cooker

repository and do urpmi --auto-select --force
"

I chose Norwegian/French repositories [select one repository for each catagory on easyurpmi] to make sure I got the dvdcss and other "contraversial" bits and pieces..

BUT: I don't know how you'll go going from 10.0 to 2006. Maybe this is beyond the magic of the urpm system?

*You will want to be on broadband though, dialup is not practical to do this upgrade !!!*

Garry