[plug] Time speeding up...

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 17 10:58:46 WST 2005

I didnt see what hardware - is it a dell laptop?

Some apps such as battery stat applets (gnome did it for me, but I have
read of similar scenarios with KDE applets) read /proc files for their
settings - in dells and some other hardware combinations this causes a
stall and loss of time - sometimes extreme.  Whilst this is a loss, it
can manifest itself as a gain when the kernel overcompensates
via /etc/adjtime - especially obvious on a laptop running speedstep.

BillK