[plug] Mandriva Mandrake which release

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Wed Oct 19 12:40:05 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 11:36 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 October 2005 11:24, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > How up-to-date is pacific.net for Mandriva? I'm asking because it
> > appears to be a few releases behind for SUSE. Also - is Pacific.net
> > on WAIX?
>
> Pacific seems to lack the _older_distros rathe rthan the newer, and the
> are on WAIX.
>
> I can also assure you that within 24 hours of getting hold of someone
> who will let me do it for free, there will be a WAIX-enabled
> web/FTP/rsync server for the whole shebang, plus PLF and mondo other
> stuff, mostly not Mandriva related.
>
> 3FL (http://mirror.wa.3fl.net/) do a good thing and I often use them for
> stuff like TheOpenCD, but it's too manual and spotty to rely on for a
> commercial enterprises. Pacfici were until recently short of disk space
> due to hardware issues with their mirror's new SANS, but seem to have
> overcome that now. PlanetMirror are mostly excellent, but not on WAIX.

Yep, I have to work through planetmirror for security updates on SUSE
9.3 - might try pacific, now that I've upgraded to 10.0

It's very irritating when you get a warning saying "Update your OS,
Security fixes found", and then go to the mirror which downloads a fix,
and afterwards, the warning comes back again.

> Cheers; Leon

Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart

Linux Counter user #306629