[plug] FoIP - 21st century faxing

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Oct 20 12:03:51 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 13:50, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 October 2005 10:54, Chris Caston wrote:
> > I need to get a fax number myself
>
> Why? I've never needed one. On the once-a-year occasions when someone
> wants to send me a fax, I ask someone else and use theirs.
>
> Cheers; Leon

 * I'm signing up as a reseller and they want me to have a fax number.
* Sometimes companies want you to fax things through with your
signature.
* Sometimes you get a baby boomer on the line that doesn't know how to
use e-mail.
* Sensis put my whitepages directory charges on the wrong phone bill and
want me to fax back a a page with a letter head asking them to fix it
* I feel unprofessional when I have to tell people I don't have a fax

* I have to support customers that use faxes (and sometimes commander
equipment and usually ADSL as well) so should learn a bit about them
myself

* I want to play around with FoIP

Anyway I finally caved in and bought a Samsung SF-5100 laser fax. I
haven't taken it out of the box yet.

regards,

Chris