[plug] Linux Desktop Market

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Tue Oct 25 10:09:02 WST 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 15:39, Peter Tran wrote:
> People don't like change, corporates even more so.

One thing that they like even less is being pushed around, bled and
taken for fools. Thankfully, Microsoft have those facets of the
situation well in hand already. Unless they have a true "road to
Damascus" experience, we're all set and time is on our side.

The downside of this effect is that it polarises people -- like our new
best mate Francis from NZ -- so that they will extend themselves beyond
reason to defend and support their adopted position, and the more you
challenge them on it, the more they bunker down. The end result is that
they finally make desperate foaming idiots of themselves (never corner
a coward) so that all of their rational friends desert them and they
finish up badly hurt.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia