[plug] Time to replace palm m130?

Ashley Jennings fooscope at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:20:09 WST 2005

Hello Chris,

Yesterday, I bought a new Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 of ebay for AU$220
total including postage.

here is the ebay zaurus listing
http://search.ebay.com.au/zaurus_W0QQflocZ1QQfromZR8QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQsaslcZ2QQsbrsrtZl

the seller was outletmp3 and has put up about 8 at once each month for
the past two months, although none are listed by them now.

I chose the zaurus because by doing a Pocketworkstation install,
provides a full Debian GNU/Linux OS with access to the complete apt
cache(last i heard 14000 packages).
http://wiki.debian.org/PocketWorkstation

Zaurus details here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaurus

With the SDRAM and Compact Flash ports I am looking to enable wireless
through an addon card to provide connectivity.

The Zaurus has an active Free Software community and the SL-5500 is
the most common model and from current info it seems has the least
configuration or compatibility problems with software or
configuration.

I'm looking for wireless cards which work "out the box" with the 5500.
Can anyone recommend one they are happy with?

GNUooviness in the pocket :-)

Ashley
http://gumnut.sf.net/