[plug] Easy Installation: Linux Desktop Market

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Oct 26 13:19:10 WST 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 11:02, Kev wrote:
> So I find a site where "Nik-Nak" is developed.  There's a list
> 20 deep of .RPMs, .DEBs, .TARs, .GZ, .BZ, .BZ2 ad infinitum ad
> nauseum.

This is atypical. GnuCash, maybe. Normally you'd find up to three
dependencies, and then it's just a matter of looking each up in your
package manager to make sure you've got it installed already.

If the package manager doesn't have it, then the odds are good that the
corresponding OS/2 installation instructions would have started with
"Find a good C compiler..." anyway.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia