[plug] e-mail contents

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:14:09 WST 2005

It's almost a text web 'standard'
You'll find it in lots of 'text only' applications, * is bold, ** is
emphasised as is /, _ is of course underlined. It's a way of giving
more meaning to words, with plain text. And some programs will display
it nicely for you!

You'll notice some blogging software also does this or similar.
Markdown[1] syntax is similar, sharing some of it, but with out the /
for italic, it uses ** for bold, and * for italic. Also around is
textile[2], which I'm not sure of, but seems to be similar. You may
notice my links or 'footnote' links. These are also one of those
things for adding more meaning to plain text....

Tim
[1] http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/
[2] http://textpattern.com/