[plug] Linux Desktop Market

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:58:48 WST 2005

> > Most of my mates would rather accept those consequences than be so
> > bound.
>
>Then they are free to keep using MS Windows. If security, stability and
>usability are less important than the perceived cost of using a single
>interface to install, update, and remove software (rather than Googling
>for software, assessing the trustworthiness of hundreds of vendors, and
>then actively monitoring their Web sites for updates), they might have
>already found their home.

Doesn't this apply something non-OS related to an entire OS though? Although
we're bagging MS for such an eclectic-makeshift system, it probably also
implies that Lionux shouldn't enjoy the same freedom of outside
installation. Personally, I'm not too worried anyway, given the strength of
the underlying Linux OS to begin with.