[plug] Advice before change to zencart MySQL database

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Sat Sep 3 22:54:28 WST 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 10:26:28PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> Is there a way I can make a copy of the database or something that would
> allow a bit of change management?
>
> I'm very wet behind the ears with MySQL and am currently using
> MyPHPadmin to do most of the work.

phpmyadmin (is that what you meant?) has an export option that can
create an sql file with SQL to recreate the database.  I'd check the
'Add DROP TABLE' and 'Add IF NOT EXISTS' options as well to make sure
you get clean copies of the old tables when you recreate them.

There doesn't seem to be a way to reload the database via phpmyadmin.
Perhaps you have to do 'mysql dbname < file.sql'.

Or you could look into the mysqldump program, which will do the same
thing.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
If you want me to be a good little bunny just dangle some carats in front
of my nose.
		-- Lauren Bacall