[plug][OT] Who's a Good Hardware Supplier in Perth?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Sep 6 22:46:50 WST 2005

On 6 Sep 2005 at 21:07, Chris Caston wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 20:08, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Later when the Chinese develop their economy enough to do their own
> mining (and they keep selling to us at the same price and or increase
> the value of their currency) and we are sweet-out-of-luck because there
> is little demand for our raw resources from China anymore.

Welcome to Australia - the world's newest third world country.

For many years Australia  was just a big open pit for mineral resources - then all the home grown
and manufactured products were bought out by foreign interests - and either shutdown or moved off-
shore.

In more recent times many aspects of the service industries and IT were moved offshore.

TAFE has even started exporting the teaching and training facilities offshore - they have a
representative who travels Overseas and sets up and supervises the establishment of IT training
facilities - using Cert IV IT certificate holders as the lecturers - at the end of the course the
same guy goes back and supervises the assessments and examinations procedures for those offshore
students and lecturers.

Mean while back at home they have either increased the requirements( & costs) for local people to
get into  IT training OR they have eliminated the entry level courses altogether or made them near
impossible to get to - (example - student lives in Joondalup - only course available is in
Rockingham - and vice versa).

A great many software development jobs and IT tech. support have already been lost to India - where
wages are very low and the workers are only too willing to queue up for the positions available.

And by the way - have you noticed many how phone calls you get from people with foreign accents who
are calling on behalf of well known indentities that operate in Australia but market from overseas.

Just a few examples of the internal sabotage that is happening in this country - who knows what
will be exported/degraded/sabotaged next.

I say again - Welcome to Australia - the world's newest third world country.

But things are looking up for me - after  graduating from uni in March  this year and applying for
approx 40 local positions since March - I actually got my first response to a job application -
mind you it was only a confirmation to say they had received my application - but at least it's a
start !!!

Regards Arie