[plug][OT] Who's a Good Hardware Supplier in Perth?

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 05:48:40 WST 2005

On 9/6/05, Arie Hol <arie99 at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Welcome to Australia - the world's newest third world country.
What?
I don't think so... If you think Australia is a third world country or
even close to heading that way you way of mark there mate.

> For many years Australia  was just a big open pit for mineral resources - then all the home grown
> and manufactured products were bought out by foreign interests - and either shutdown or moved off-
> shore.
It's called "economic rationalization", and it's being taken too far.
The good news is that it is reversible and probably will be eventually.

> In more recent times many aspects of the service industries and IT were moved offshore.

This is not anyones fault. The I.T. Industry lends itself to remote
support and services, and will _always_ work that way.
I.T. is unique in that sense.
Though i hate to admit it, it's not really the Gov's fault.
But their focus on education is _crimminally_ piss poor, and I
sincerely hope that the next election takes that smug little bastard
out of contention.
At the same time, I think Labor in it's current form would be even
worse.. so we're kinda doomed here.

> Just a few examples of the internal sabotage that is happening in this country - who knows what
> will be exported/degraded/sabotaged next.
It's not sabotage, it's natural progression.
Not nice but logically true.

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From