[plug] Linux Accounting Packages

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:38:19 WST 2005

On 9/8/05, Randal Adamson <ranz at devdata.net> wrote:
> Please don't say Wine or CrossOver Office. I certainly do not want my
> machine to be succeptable to Windows-based security problems. And, yes,
> Wine and Crosssover does leave your linux box succeptable.
>
> VMWare is a consideration, but that means you're still dictated by M$
> licenses - and I'm kind of not wanting to go there.

eh? VMware is ok, but crossover office and wine aren't??
VMWare is a MUCH higher virus risk than crossover office.
Crossover office/wine is damn cheap, no Windows license required and
it's virus risk is so damn minimal it's not worth stressing about.
It's also much MUCH lower impact on your system resources..

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From