[plug] vmware vs wine for virus susceptability

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:42:16 WST 2005

On 9/8/05, Mr Shayne <shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au> wrote:

> Fair point. Mindyou I gave up on VMware pretty quickly once I worked out
> what a memory/processor hungry POS it was.
It's damn good at what it does though (I've only used workstation, but
I have heard some pretty incredible things about ESX server).
I mostly only use it for test builds and packaging apps for GPO
deployment.. aside from that I only really need outlook type
connectivity so it's either bash my head against a buggy as hell
"evolution with exchange plug in" or crossover office.
I can't wait till version 5 hits the shelf.. office 2003 with rpc over
http support :-)

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From