[plug] vmware vs wine for virus susceptability

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:08:52 WST 2005

On 9/8/05, Randal Adamson <ranz at devdata.net> wrote:

> I don't think exchange server would be my choice for an email system
> tho. I have to say that Groupwise is far more stable and runs on linux!
> As features go, it beats Exchange - and you can use outlook with it :)
> The new v7 has come a long way with the outlook plugin.
>
> I actually use the groupwise client on Debian and have done so for ages.
> It is very good.

If I had a choice I'd be leaning more to Domino as a
Mail/Web/Groupware server.. (for  Large Corporate environments anyhow)
and yes, it does run on linux :-)
I'm a bit of a Lotus Notes/Domino fan having run a few of these for 4
years in Kalgoorlie.
I really miss them a lot, such sweet, reliable software.

But unfortunately I work for a company that supports and mostly sells
MS solutions, at least in WA they do.. I know our South Australian
office does a lot of linux stuff (Ubuntu school roll outs, Novell
Linux Corporate solutions and RedHat Educational Live Cd's are some
that I know they've been busy with).

If I ever got off my bum and finished the NCLE course I might be able
to convince them to sell Novell solutions here too. :-P
Too much to do and not enough time. :-(

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From