[plug] mythtv, HDTV card

Randal Adamson ranz at devdata.net
Mon Sep 12 12:06:04 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 00:31 +0800, Jim Householder wrote:
> Mythtv is apparently very popular.  I'm not sure why.  I've had nothing
> but problems trying to install it.
>
> Latest try: expanded tarball for 0.18.1 and followed the instructions.
> ./configure with options to enable dvb
> qmake mythtv.pro
>
> results:  a Makefile link pointing to itself, and /dev/rtc missing so
> now tvtime won't work.
>
> I got the V-Stream Xpert DVB-T card from Jaycar, and found that I had
> mis-interpreted the specs.  It does *not* receive analog broadcast.  It
> does accept analog input from a camera.
>
> I was hoping to use mythtv to watch HDTV.  Oh well...

Have you tried Knoppmyth? I've got my ASUS S-Presso working with it -
but there's still a few bugs to iron out - nothing painful tho. The
install is a little tricky - but nothing most of us could handle.

http://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html

i have the ISO here if you don't want to D/L it ;)

Cheers,
Ranz