[plug] HDTV Tuner card

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Tue Sep 13 13:37:59 WST 2005

Michael Collard wrote:
> While I know nothing of that K-World card, check out PLE's Twinham DVB
> card. Its $99 and I can promise it works perfectly under Linux.

What software are you using with it?

wrt the VCR option for analog, I forgot about the separate video and
audio outputs.  I connected the video out to the dvbs analog input and
the audio to the sound card's line-in.  Works fine except the sound
continues after the viewing program terminates...

My dse VCR is mono and has no s-video connection.  Will a simple s-video
to RCA adaptor work, or is some sort of signal conversion needed?

The TV cards have incompatible s-video sockets.  Both are 6-conductor,
but one has the holes in a 'V' pattern with a horizontal rectangular
plastic pin, and the other has a circular pattern with a vertical key.
*GRRRRR*

Jim