[plug] [Slightly-OT] Computer for Paralysed

Mark Bolton voperth at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 23:12:05 WST 2005

I recently conversed with a person who was setting up
voice activated household appliances. Very expensive
and exclusive. I ran a hypothetical about text meets
radio and radio meets TV. viz How about a multi media
mark up language? Voice could be the first way key
boards become as obsolete as reel to reel audio got
ditched. What would a voice activated Dreamweaver look
like ? Activate a switch by using a higher voice pitch
?  Fourier transforms could pick out a command from
copy by locking in pitch. It might also be posible to
work some kind of ski mask with sensors that detect
muscle voltages " cock an eye brow means one thing...
you get the picture .   The sort of help your friend
requires is there.

I have some knowledge of the techs invloved here
Industrial  Electronics is my gig.

--- Jacqueline McNally