[plug] [Slightly-OT] Computer for Paralysed

Matthew Lambie mlambie at thefrontiergroup.com.au
Fri Sep 16 12:11:47 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 18:05 +0800, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> > Personally, Tim, I'd advise your friend to contact a disabled group, as
> > they're quite likely to have investigated many of the options and know
> > what the good and bad ones are. If nothing else, it's a start. Don't
> > rule out Windows either - for one thing, if it does the job then who's
> > to argue. [...]
>
> http://www.tadwa.org.au/

TADWA are more about modifying equipment for use by people with
disabilities. What would be better is chatting to Sally, Natalie or
anyone in ILC Tech. at the Independent Living Centre, just off Charles
Gairdner Hospital. 9381 0600 is their number.

We've done work with them in the past, and the Tech people are very,
very well versed in the latest trends and technologies. They have a vast
showroom with gadgets you can test and try out, and will be able to
inform your friend of any grants they might be eligible for.

Let them know that you were referred by Matt Lambie, and that it was
through a Linux mailing list :)
--

Thanks,

Matthew Lambie