[plug] Mandrake LE2005

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Fri Sep 16 11:29:35 WST 2005

Who is the sound expert amongst us?

When a music disk is put into my cdrom drive, the kscd window appears
and the disk is played.
In kmix the only volume control slider on the output tab which has any
effect is the Headphone (and they work, with the mike producing sound in
the earphones when tapped).
The volume control on the panel has no effect.

The text-to-speech programme kmouth produces no sound and I'm unable to
get any sound when running skype.

In addition, our granddaughter is learning the piano, and I've been
trying to configure Rosegarden for her. No sound. I'm aware that this is
going to be more difficult - qsynth and jack are installed etc.. but if
the problem of sound in the simpler processes can be solved maybe I can
work thro' the process of configuring Rosegarden from there. (I've
ordered a book on Rosegarden). Question: My sound is on the motherboard
- no sound card - is it necessary to have a sound card installed to load
sound fonts?

Any assistance in any of these areas would be appreciated.

regards
Dave Dartnall