[plug] CD Ripping, Oggenc Problems

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 13:35:28 WST 2005

Ok. So I've done tests. It's not the CD's that are the problems. It
appears to be mainly the oggenc process that causes the distortions,
the 'too loud' effect.
There is one or 2 CD's that are ripping like that, but the rest or
ripping fine, and even the latest oggenc (compiled from src along with
libogg and libvorbis) hasn't seem to fix it :(

Any suggestions? I'm going to look into aac, otherwise it's back to MP3's :(
If I had my second HDD back, then it would be flac, but unfortunately,
I'm limited on disk space atm.

Tim