[plug] HDTV Tuner card

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sun Sep 18 20:38:29 WST 2005

> Looks like you don't have the needed driver modules loaded. And there
> are an awful lot of them.
>
>> Even if for a different card, a specific example of modules loaded,
>> command line, etc., would be greatly appreciated.
>

> You didn't say how you were loading the above modules, or where you got
> the info from. I just started with the 'insmod.sh' script that came with
> the linux DVB drivers. That seems to just try to load everything, for
> every supported card.
> The attached script is edited from 'linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1' version for my
> card. No parameters were needed, I just load all the modules, and it works.
>
> This line will record ABC perth:
>
> % dvbstream -qam 64 -bw 7 -tm 8  -cr 3_4 -gi 16 -f 226500 -n 600 -ps 512
>  650 -o > test.mpg
>
> Of course, its from a script. The "-n 600" is seconds to record.
>
> regards, Mike.

Thanks Mike.  I think my main problem is kernel 2.6.8.1.  I'm currently
working with FC4 on my test machine (probably bad because of the odd
hardware glitch).  It has recognised the card and loaded a lot more
modules automatically.  tvtime plays the analog input from the VCR OK.
However I have now wasted 2 days chasing dependencies trying to get
mythtv installed.  Major hangups on firewire support, for which I have
no need.

I'll try the dvbstream example.

Jim