[plug] Back-up via SMB ?

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:57:38 WST 2005

> I wanna fix my server so I'll give it a go asap and post here with feedback.

Just a suggestion. Regardless of what method you end up using to
transfer the files. You might want to also do a tar backup, so that
you know if they transfer fails, that tar file *should* have
everything exactly right, symlinks included.

Remember... Backups never hurt, it only hurts when you don't have them! ;)

You probably also want to do some testing with the temp machine before
you wipe the old server to start from scratch!

Tim