[plug] Linux training for home newbies

Mr E_T troll at arach.net.au
Mon Sep 19 09:13:18 WST 2005

On Monday 19 September 2005 08:47, Alex Polglaze wrote:

> Senectus . wrote:
>
> > I can't see this becoming a reality too soon, the resources of our
> > little group are already showing signs of being tapped beyond their
> > availabilities.
It was just a thought - somthing to get ppl interested in linux

> Plus Bill's sentiments also added here.
>
> The most knowledgeable Linux people in this city are generally subscribers to
> this list. So, what we need to do is to present a united, professional front and
> as an organisation, approach TAFE to supply lecturers for a course. They have
> all the infrastructure and can do the advertising etc.
Sounds good

> As a group, we need to provide a coherent, sensible training course to Linux. By
> this I mean, we don't start out that there are 27 flavours of Linux and you can
> do this with this and you need that with that. This may offend some devotees of
> particular distros, but the fact remains that divide and conquer is the
> effective strategy employed by us to stop any main stream penetration.
Just concentrate on the common basics - mounts devices networking etc.

> Who would be the lecturers?
I got my start in linux at tafe doing Computer Programing.
They used to have a unix mainframe system. It shouldnt be too hard to get them to
introduce a linux basics unit.

--
regs MR E_T