[plug] Linux training for home newbies

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Mon Sep 19 12:32:02 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 08:47 +0800, Alex Polglaze wrote:

> As a group, we need to provide a coherent, sensible training course to Linux. By
> this I mean, we don't start out that there are 27 flavours of Linux and you can
> do this with this and you need that with that. This may offend some devotees of
> particular distros, but the fact remains that divide and conquer is the
> effective strategy employed by us to stop any main stream penetration.

I have a self-written CLI introduction to Linux, that can be adapted and
assimilated, and changed. It was published in three parts in
linmagau.org, before.

BTW, anyone know how Kim is? (mentioned linmagau, and Kimberly Schelt
came to mind)

> Who would be the lecturers?
>
> There are many self employed practitioners in this group who may have the time
> to undertake this task. It may be that different people present different
> aspects of the system. One for installation, one for networking and somebody
> else for OO. etc.. We can provide a complete range of Linux introductory courses.

I ,might be available.

> This is just a suggestion, but at least it may go someway towards making a
> breakthrough that we are all desperately waiting for.

Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart