[plug] Firewall Distros

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Sep 20 00:27:31 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 21:58 +0800, J Michael Gilks wrote:

> > Love you too man... ;-)
> > I use clarkconnect which uses the 2.6.9 kernel and is VERY simple to
> > admin headless via a web browser..
> >
> > In times past I've use SME server which also was a supurb distro with
> > fantastic focus on home/small office use..
> Had a look at Clarkconnect, interesting, but a lot hanging off it, ie web and
> mail servers, photo gallery. Really would use the box to separate all those
> servers from the internet. Very slick looking design and a good business
> model for Linux software dude :- Give em the software and charge for service.
>
> SME server won't make it due to my blind, unreasonable prejudice against
> Redhat.

Also of interest could be Firewall Builder www.fwbuilder.org - seems
that it runs on Linux, FreeBSD, OS X or Win.

I've never run it, just seen a review, but ... since you are looking at
firewall distros in your "copious free time".  ;-)
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart