[plug] Linux training for home newbies

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Tue Sep 20 09:40:27 WST 2005

Harry McNally wrote:
> Gregory Orange wrote:
>  .. use or management of ..
>
> For the rest of the thread, I can't go over all of comments made but
> have a read through the transcript of a recent PLUG talk we gave:
> http://www.computerangels.org.au/resources/plug2005.shtml

I especially like this section:
-------- snip -------------
Course being promoted as part of Adult Learners Week:
Become Computer Savvy
First session - "Buying a new Computer" - what do you really need.
Second session - "Maintaining Your Computer" - virus software, scanning,
defraging, troubleshooting, speeding-up, ad-aware etc

I say with respect to the person conducting a course like this that if
computers need that much attention, I don't want one thanks.

In fact I like it so much, that I won't even add to it.

Cheers,
Greg.