[plug] NFS and remote files systems

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Fri Sep 23 12:11:59 WST 2005

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to do some backups with a Solaris server.

Unfortunately, mounting SMBFS shares on Solaris is messy if not
impossible.

NFS works fine however, so I though I'll mount a bunch of SMBFS shares
on another Linux box and export the parent directory via NFS.

Problem is NFS follows symlinks locally and won't cross mount points by
design, so is there a way one can get around this?

I've tried mounting the shares directly in the NFS export directory, and
I've also tried symlinking to their mount points, each with the same
result .. nothing :)

Cheers,

Ryan