[plug] TV Tuner Card

Steve Baker steve at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 28 17:29:55 WST 2005

W.Kenworthy wrote:

>analog or digital, HDTV or standard, what software do you want to use it
>with ...
>
>Just going through this minefield now!

I'm looking for something now too, so whilst people are recommending I
am looking for:
- digital
- HD capable
- on-card MPEG2 encoder (perhaps optional, not sure on this yet...)
- analog input (S-Video or composite) (optional)
to be used with MythTV.

I have looked around at a few options already, just wondering what
experience people have had.

On another note, I have seen that some cards come with remote
controllers.  Do these control the card directly, or does another device
show up somewhere for the remote that is totally separate from the
capture card?  Does a sensor hang out the back of the PC that has to be
put somewhere sensible so the controller can see it?

Regards,
Steve