[plug] SAMBA on Fedora Core 4

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 20:53:23 WST 2005

[large snip]

(Sorry for the late reply; I've been on holiday.)

I had another look at your problem, the transcript of my journey is at
kettle.plug.org.au/~danielax/samba.txt. Don't feel you have to read
it.

To fix your problem, (assuming you *don't* want a guest account), open
the graphical samba tool, and go to Preferences->Samba Users... : Add
User : Unix: <whatever>, Windows:<whatever>, fill in the password and
click OK. Check that it is set as an allowed user in the shares, then
exit.

Then, turn off SELinux, (from
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/361699) - You may need
to turn it off fully - the partial fix it mentions doesn't work for
me.

My smb.conf, smbusers and smbpasswd are also at kettle.plug.org.au/~danielax.

I hope this helps - I am certainly glad to have it figured out, as I
have experienced the same problem!

Please tell me if it works!
Daniel Axtens

--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com