[plug] Create DVD

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 20:16:12 WST 2006

> the thing i like about movie maker is that it automatically splits your
> movies into separate scenes (it must detect the sudden change in the picture
> and realise u turned off the camera at that point).

If you used dvgrab, to extract the DV Video, it has the option to
split it into scenes (this data is contained in the DV stream) but
once you have it as a single file, you can no longer split it using
that data. Windows Movie Crud uses 2 methods, sudden change detection,
as well as the DV data. No idea if any linux apps do Sudden Change
Detection.

Look in to cinelerra for a fairly powerful, semi professional app, or
kino for something closer to Window Movie Crud. There are other apps,
but I've not had much luck with them, but that was a few months ago

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956