[plug] creating a repository

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Thu Apr 6 22:23:22 WST 2006

W.Kenworthy wrote:
> Try http-replicator.  Works a treat on gentoo (also works on lesser
> distros :), both for downloads via the build system, or manually as long
> as you set the proxy for the app, or environment.
>
> Reccomended for the bandwidth hungry with multiple systems!
>
> bunyip cisco-vpnclient # esearch replicator
> [ Results for search key : replicator ]
> [ Applications found : 1 ]
>
> *  net-proxy/http-replicator
>       Latest version available: 3.0
>       Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
>       Size of downloaded files: 19 kB
>       Homepage:    http://gertjan.freezope.org/replicator/
>       License:     GPL-2
>

> BillK
>

> On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 18:00 +0800, Patrick Coleman wrote:
>
>>On 4/6/06, Gavin Chester <sales at ecosolutions.com.au> wrote:

I had it in mind that a "repository" had more to it than just a
directory full of .debs.  I use Synaptic _(because I need that level of
simplicity)_ and I can't see how to install a .deb which is already on
my system using Synaptic.  I figured that if I could just create a
"repository", as different from a directory full of .debs, that I could
simply add that to the sources.list in each machine in my network.  Am I
barking up the wrong tree here?

Ta
Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!