[plug] Disable Realplayer in Firefox

J Michael Gilks mike.gilks at westnet.com.au
Fri Apr 7 11:06:26 WST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 10:56, Jonathan Young wrote:

> When you click a link, there is an option to "always do the selected
> action with this type of file" or similar.
>
> Firefox maintains a list of these somewhere in options, near where the
> other download settings are.  Find .rpm in the list and remove any
> current associations with Real Player and then restart Firefox and click
> the link again...

There is a section in preferences - downloads - file types
unfortunately rpm is not listed under the plugins.
Oh, a big thank you to Real Player for choosing such an innocuous and little
used extension for their files.
Anyway I will continue looking for a Firefox solution, but for the moment I
have opened Konqueror and am downloading the files through that. Konqueror
did ask if I wanted to open the file or save it to disk. Thank goodness for
choice, but if I had thought about choice an hour ago I would not be so
frustrated right now.
Thanks for the input. I will have to find where to configure the Real Player
plugin I guess.

Love
Mike.