[plug] Catalogue Database (DVD, etc. titles?)

Eric S ews.mail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:23:30 WST 2006

Bernd Felsche wrote:

> Eric S <ews.mail at gmail.com> writes:
>>Bernd Felsche wrote:
>
>>> I'd like to create a database of DVD titles and reference data;
>>> mainly so that I don't buy the same ones over and over again.
>
>>> But I don't know where I'd be able to get a database of EAN-13
>>> barcode to title, etc. Yes; I have a barcode scanner.
>
>>> Any ideas?
>
>>http://www.upcdatabase.com/
>
> That's great for UPC-A barcodes. (Un)Fortunately we are in Australia
> where EAN-13 is the standard GTIN system for retail goods. Although
> some goods may be sold by UPC-A code, the internal representation
> under EAN-13 typically has a left-padded zero to "convert" the UPC
> to EAN-13 in Australian systems.
>
> upcdatabase.com will not accept EAN-13.
>
> The bulk of my DVD library has EAN-13 barcodes.

Sorry about that (I didn't actually check before I posted)

That leads me to a question
I have a Prop Win based database/POS system with thousands (7 years) of
manually entered EAN-13 and my own shortcodes that when/if I end up moving
it over to linux I will need to extract is there someone that could help
me with that?

BTW the software company doesn't exist any more.

Thanks

--
Eric S