[plug] fetchmail on Debian, and security updates for Debian testing

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 15:45:58 WST 2006

> However, in adding the provided URL to the apt sources.list file, and trying to do an apt-get update (while trying to rebuild the mail server) to get security fixes, a GPG error appears for the security updates release file.
>
> We do not know how to deal with this GPG key error.
>
> The public key is available on the web site, but we do not know what to do with it.

gpg --recv-keys <key id>
gpg --armour --export  <key id>|sudo apt-key add -
OR, seeing as you said the key is available on the website
wget <key url>
sudo apt-key add <key file>

Obviously filling in the <> parts with the appropriate
names/numbers/urls/files.... ;-)

Also, do you need the latest fetchmail? I'm running 6.2.5-13 no
problems. You said the problem came after an update. What version was
it running before? You /can/ force apt-get to downgrade it back to the
previous version. Are you sure that it's segfaulting? Are you sure
it's a fetchmail problem? Do you get any error messages?

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956