[plug] fetchmail on Debian, and security updates for Debian testing

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Apr 17 14:12:52 WST 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 05:31:30PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > From: "Timothy White" <weirdit at gmail.com>
> > Also, do you need the latest fetchmail? I'm running 6.2.5-13 no
> > problems. You said the problem came after an update. What version was
> > it running before? You /can/ force apt-get to downgrade it back to the
> > previous version. Are you sure that it's segfaulting? Are you sure
> > it's a fetchmail problem? Do you get any error messages?
> >

> The issue with installing fetchmail 6.2.x, was mentioned in my
> original posting. the fetchmail people have written off 6.2.x, as
> previously stated.

If it's in debian stable, it will be supported by the debian package
maintainer.  If you can identify a bug in the package, you should file
a bug report at bugs.debian.org, after checking to see if it has
already been reported.

And in the meantime, as Tim says it's easy to force apt to install a
specific (older) version.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says: