[plug] installing linux.

chris sisman chris-sisman at dodo.com.au
Wed Apr 19 08:58:51 WST 2006

I have a RS480 motherboard with 2 hard drives both 80 gig. running win xp.
I have tried installing Mandriva. Suse10.xandros.and ubuntu.
The only one to install was Ubuntu but with a command prompt instead of
grafical interface.And when prommpted to reboot.....failed to.
And blocked xp.
On advice from a plug member I installed the extra hard drive but made
no difference. only to my wallet.
I had to reinstall xp to get into my box.
Any advice? Is it my motherboard blocking linux. The people who
installed it say no (the computer says no) I have had it before when I
had 98. Mandrake worked then.
Help please guys.  chris from albany.