[plug] RAM for Laptop Needed

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 25 14:46:02 WST 2006

Hey guys,

I have my old Toshiba Satellite 3000 here, P3 800 128 Ram, etc.. and I'm wanting
to setup Linux (Thinking of Fedora, or Ubuntu) on it. The only problem is, I
can't get anything to install without a Kernel panic and such. The last time I
encountered this problem, it was RAM.

I've done a test on the hard drive (IBM DeathStar aka Deskstar) and the utility
reports it to be ok.. running memtest86, spat out a few errors.

I was after someone allowing me to borrow some RAM, to see whether it definitely
is the RAM that is hindering the process - and if that's the case, then I can go
and buy some! I just don't want to go and buy some, find it's not the RAM, and
be stuck with some useless RAM :)

Cheers; Dan