[plug] RAM for Laptop Needed

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Apr 25 15:54:00 WST 2006

Quite probably correct (but then, I don't want to appear as if I know more
than I do :-/ ).  I can only compare with a recent tinker that I had with my
desktop system.  I insist on using old hardware (PII) and found that FC4
wouldn't install on Celery 400 with 256 RAM.  It seemed as though it would
but then borked at the very end, twice, with some hardware changes in
between.  OTOH, I had SuSE 9.3 and Mandriva 2006 to hand and they both went
onto this PC just fine.  So maybe the zero-cost answer is to try a different
distro, but then your machine would love more RAM, anyway :-)

WARNING: This post is not meant to start a distro war ]:-|

Gavin