[plug] First real Linux repload on a laptop ?

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Sun Aug 6 12:45:39 WST 2006

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006, Paul Arch wrote:

> The biggest thing in all of this is choice - a user might not even want
> windows so why should they be forced to buy it ?

The majority of users out there will need to switch over to a Windows
environment from time to time.

That said, I'm looking forward to the day when ReactOS, Wine or one of
the free implementations of the Win32 API mature enough (and quickly enough!)
to run the handful of applications one would like to under Windows.
That being IE (since people still have this nasty habit of writing
ActiveX or MS-XML-y applications!) and the occasional foray into World
of Warcraft :)

On a side note: has anyone tried ReactOS recently?

Adrian