[plug] cedega ?

Shanon autobot at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 7 16:32:19 WST 2006

I've spent *hours* trying to get everything I have working under it, pre version
5.0 then they changed they way it executes, to run through GUI only.  Prior to
this, I was able to attend a LAN, leech files and play 90% of the games all in
linux which i was proud of, but then the next day something would go wrong and I
wouldnt know how to fix it.

At times I got games like steam and cs:source which worked minus a few
transparent textures, but then suddenly my cedega stopped being 3D accelerated
one day...so I gave up.

Cedega for a while was Wine + Latest Windows direct X stuff, but now wine itself
will almost do all directx/3d acceleration for you. When I have time Im going to
try my games with latest wine and Ubuntu.

In terms of the company, according to the forums, you may only get
support/responses from them on latest games, where a couple of thousand other
users need support too.

Shanon

Quoting meyerri <meyerri at westnet.com.au>:

> [...]

~Shanon