[plug] cedega ?

Adam Hewitt adam.h at staff.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 7 16:43:15 WST 2006

Behalf
> Of Kev
> Sent: Monday, 7 August 2006 3:47 PM
> To: plug at plug.org.au
> Subject: [plug] cedega ?
>
> Does anyone in the list have any noteworthy experience with Cedega?

http://www.transgaming.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&
ce
> id=29&meid=
>
> I'm keen to solicit comment from those who've tried it.
>
> TIA
> Kev
> --
<SNIP>

I paid for it for nearly 2 years about 5 years ago and I found it to be
pretty good, if you were prepared to stuff around with every single game
for days on end trying to get it all working ok...I assume it has come a
long way since then.

I would suggest getting the free version from backports or compiling the
cvs source yourself, the only difference AFAIK is that the cvs version
doesn't have the proprietary disk protections...so if a game doesn't
work you should be able to download a crack for it to get it to
work...of course some online only games don't like that sort of caper.

Adam.