[plug] Centos config at install and devices

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Tue Aug 8 08:00:41 WST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 23:18 +0800, hatari wrote:
> So?
>
> Gavin, good observation - which I support.  So?  What would you
> recommend?  Forget the "flame war" stuff; I am interested in your
> technical opinion and observations.  In the past I have seen Mandrake
> demonstrating good support for gui-based access to the whole system.
> However, in recent times I am not sure about the support factor - and it
> doesn't seem to be a recognised (or "quality") distro by SysAdmins.

snip-

Well, I _was_ hesitant to recommend a distro so that I didn't feed the
flame war ;-)  But since you ask, I've recently converted across to suse
because I was trying to find a distro with unmatched hardware detection.
I find it to be that, plus it's slick, polished, fully-featured and has
good gui support.  Sure it has glitches, but seemingly less than many
others.  See recent posts here about polishing your suse experience.

Gavin