[plug] Mac OS X Leopard

meyerri meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Aug 8 14:19:26 WST 2006

---- Original Message ----
From: plug at nikhiljogia.com
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: [plug] Mac OS X Leopard
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:06:42 +0800

>Did anyone notice that the new version of OS X includes a "Spaces"
>feature? Looks very familiar to Gnome and KDE users.
>
>And to think they're touting Leopard as "Vista 2.0".

"Spaces" has been available on X since about 1736 - ok maybe a bit
later, but it's not new - that's if spaces DO translate to desktops
as I think they do.

Apart from the glitz, the only thing there that overexcites me is the
"Time Machine". You could get the same effect by putting your
writable direcrories into a CVS, I suppose (along with a lot of
scripting).

And if that's Apples "Vista killer", then KDE/Gnome should be doing
it too, with a tad more integration. The replacement for "finder" is
available right now on Linux as Beagle.

Cheers
RM